Amino Acid testing by Genova Diagnostics called NutrEval.
Here is a link to have a closer look at the test results in pdf (there is much information to be learned from the test (examples below): nutreval genova diagnostics
I scored low markers in multiple vitamins/minerals that can contribute to/worsen Major Depression:
- Pyridoxine B6 – Deficiency may result in neurologic symptoms (e.9., irritability, depression, seizures), oral inflammation, impaired immunity or increased homocysteine.
- Biotin B7 – Low levels may result in neurologic symptoms (e g., paresthesias, depression), hair loss, scaly rash on face or genitals or impaired immunity.
- Niacin B3 – Deficiency may result in pellagra (dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia), neurologic symptoms (e.g., depression, memory loss), bright red tongue or fatigue.
- Cobalamin B12 – Deficiency can lead to anemia, fatigue, neurologic symptoms (e.9., paresthesias, memory loss, depression, dementia), methylation defects or chromosome breaks.
- Magnesium – Low Mg may result in muscle weakness/spasm, constipation, depression, hypertension, arrhythmias, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia or personality changes.
- 25 – oH vitamin D (tested 38)
Deficiency = < 20 ng/mL (< 50 nmol/L)
lnsufficiency = 20-49 ng/mL (50-124 nmoliL)
Optimal = 50-100 nglmL (125-250 nmol/L)
Excessive = > 100 ng/ml (> 250 nmol/L)
An alternative primary care doctor summarized from the test: my body has Tryptophan but it is not converting to Serotonin due to the lack of specific vitamins/minerals the body needs in this process.
I also have Iron Deficiency Anemia. His feedback and research I found painted a very big picture. “Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) is an enzyme (EC 220.127.116.11) involved in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter serotonin. It employs one additional cofactor, iron.”
Next post, I talk about the supplements recommended to rebuild my body’s necessities while still taking psychiatric medication. It takes time for the body to rebuild it’s supplies and exit emergency mode, meaning allow the vitamins/minerals to perform all roles within the body. I was advised to taper off meds once I feel a drastic change (under guidance of my psychiatrist).
Quoted from Source: NutrEval testing results for anonymous patient.