A flyer was given to us called, “Twelve Steps to Managing Depression”
- Be aware of the indicators that tell you that changes are needed.
- Know that anger can be uncovered and choices can be made regarding its purpose.
- Become committed to healthy boundaries and assertions.
- Believe in yourself. Know your worth and value as a person.
- Refuse to be perpetual victim of past and present abuse.
- Allow time for natural grief to run its course.
- Know that the best way to be in control is to resist the craving to be in control.
- Make allowance for painful truths.
- Understand how your personality can predispose you to depressive feelings.
- Be open-minded as you consider the medical aspects of depression.
- Reveal your struggles with thoughts about death. Allow others to know you thoroughly.
- Be committed to positive attitudes than can bring balance to your emotions.
Reference: Group Therapy
Quoted from a flyer passed out with no source.