Can a Brain Heal ?
Current scientific knowledge reports that when a nerve cell dies, it does not grow back. However, existing nerve cells can grow branches or arms called dendrites that can connect to living nerve cells. When your brain cells are reconnected, you obtain your previous level of functioning and that part of your brain is healed.
Growing dendrites is a normal healing process of the brain. It is also part of the normal learning process. When you learn a new complex behavior, the brain actually grows dendrites to make nerve connections more elaborate.
To help the brain heal you need:
- Proper Nutrition
- Rest – A good night’s sleep
- Stress Free Environment
- Exercise – Stimulates circulation to provide nutrition to each cell
- Love & Nurturance – Support groups, Self-love
In addition to the list above, here are some ways to improve your memory:
- See new things. Change the background on your laptop. Drive home a different Route
- Take a nap in the daytime
- Look around and think about what you see
- Brain training games
- Green and black teas have a protective effect on memory
- Do one thing at a time. Study in quiet, not with radio on
- Scan your eyes from side to side for 30 seconds
- Vitamins – especially B12 & Folate
- Learn something new
- Dark Chocolate, Blueberries & Grapes for blood vessel growth